The independent board of the Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund oversees all aspects of its operation, including the development of policies and procedures, the recognition of leaders in the field of species conservation, and the provision of financial grants to successful applicants.
The board provides a mix of local and international expertise in the field of environmental conservation and policy development, with a particular focus on species conservation.
At present, membership of the board is as follows:
H.H. General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman
- H.E. Mohamed Al Bowardi, Deputy Chairman
- H.E. Majid Al Mansouri, Board Member
- H.E. Razan Khalifa Al Mubarak, Board Member and Managing Director
- Dr Frédéric Launay, Board Member and Acting Director-General
- Dr Russell A. Mittermeier, International Representative
- Dr Mike Maunder, International Representative