Caquetá titi monkey (Plecturocebus caquetensis)
Mohamed bin Zayed Species project number 212528355
In search of local people to design community-based conservation strategies for the critically endangered Plecturocebus caquetensis in Piamonte, Colombia
1. Identify priority households in Piamonte, Cauca, based on Plecturocebus caquetensis occurrences; findings in educational and consultative workshops on species recognizance and conservation will of local communities, to initiate the creation of conservation strategies with interested locals.
2. Create strategies for the conservation of Plecturocebus caquetensis, based on continuous conversation and agreement with local communities in meetings, workshops, or other sharing spaces, to find viable conservation actions landed on local and species needs.
3. Visibilize Plecturocebus caquetensis biology and ecology knowledge and urge of conservation actions and opportunities, based on education in the workshops and meetings spaces with stakeholders (i.e. local community, environmental authorities), to increase species recognizance and awareness in Piamonte, Cauca
4. Train local community members in primates and biodiversity recognition and watching, based on theoretical and practical modules led by local nature experts and members of the project team (Gerlando Delgado and Alexis Ruiza), to enhance local capacity in implementing conservation strategies such as ecotourism guidance.
- Biodiversity Flyer of the Natural Reserva Kataleya in San Isidro household Piamonte, Cauca, one of the properties which compromises in voluntary conservation of 17,85 Hectareas of forest were Plecturo
- GPS-zonification of 15 properties of peasents and indigenous in voluntary forest (Plecturocebus caquetensis) conservation agreement in Piamonte, Cauca, Colombia.
- Bird species, Pipra filicauda, was recently registered by Gerlando Delgado and Nixon Palacios in Paraiso del Cotudo reserve, Piamonte, Cauca. This is the first time the species is register to occur in
Project 212528355 location - Colombia, South America