Sahon'orana (Scaphiophryne gottlebei)
Mohamed bin Zayed Species project number 12053478
Concerning the social aspect of our project, we gather populations’ opinion on the protection of these species and sensitize them on the importance of the protection of the environment. Also, we gathered 4 mains suggestions which are:
- Training on population on reforestation strategy
- Reforestation of the buffer zone in order that they will have some fire wood for the future.
- Finding another alternative energy in order to stop extraction of forest inside and in the buffer zone of the park.
- Ameliorate the livelihood of the people especially through agriculture and farm.
Our next plans are:
- August: training on reforestation and reforestation of the buffer zone which will be in collaboration with the Madagascar National Parks and Silo National des Graines Forestières Madagascar for forest seeds and seedlings. During this period, we would like to re-sensitize local people and distributing flyers guides concerning the species.
- Concerning the agriculture, we will train them on the composting activity. Also, we hope that the bio-fertilizer can ameliorate their yield and the environment. As Isalo is an ecotourism region, we would like to convince hostels to take their bio-products.
Project 12053478 location - Madagascar, Africa