- to protect sea turtles and their nests around the year and inspect local fisheries for bycatch;
- to improve the quality and availability of educational materials in local schools within the area; and
- to contribute to small-scale community development and livelihood projects serving as benefit for the coastal community inhabitants living within the target area.
The main activities of the project will be carried out on the beaches of Little Bassa, Duo, Samuel Brown, Sand Farm and Bassa Point Township.
Activities will include:
- monitoring, training and research
- conservation education and sensitization
- community outreach
- community development and livelihood programs
Project 150511119 location - Liberia, Africa