The project objectives are:
• To survey and assess Lemur leaf frog presence throughout the species’ historic range, including making assessments of population size and confirming that successful breeding is taking place.
• To examine correlations between the ecology and the presence of Lemur leaf frogs, and identify threats to species persistence; invasive species, disease incidences, and types of habitat encroachment.
• To train additional local field staff and Costa Rica University students in amphibian survey techniques and population monitoring, building capacity for conservation research in-country.
• To disseminate the results of the project to The Ministry of Environment, Energy and Telecommunications (MINAE) and CRARC for inclusion in a public database for in- country conservationists to use.
• To develop updated presence maps including population estimates, alongside MINAE and CRARC.
Project 172515520 location - Costa Rica, North America